Our Contact Details
Bollington Hearing Centre, 61 Wellington Road, Bollington, Cheshire, SK10 5JH
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Clare Kewney and may be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via our number: 01625 409792
What type of information we initially collect
Information we collect:
Your email address
Your contact telephone number
Any enquiry details you choose to provide
How we get your information and why we have it
We get your information if you make an enquiry on our website, via email and/or social media or by calling our number.
We use the information you provide us to give you the best possible advice and service.
Who we share your information with
We will not knowingly share your information with any person or organisation outside UK.
Your data and personal information including any relevant audiometric data will be kept by us for as long as you are a service user. This may also include information being kept by the audiologist who completes your hearing assessment and the audiologist who looks after you for the duration of the life of your hearing aid(s) if they are not one and the same person.
Keeping in touch
We may, from time to time, send promotional emails with information we deem you may find relevant. All emailed newsletters have an unsubscribe link you can click should you wish to stop receiving such communications. If the link does not work, please call us free on 01625 409792 or email email@example.com
How we store your information
Our website uses SSL security ensuring that your personally identifiable information is kept in a secure environment. We use reasonable precautions to protect customers personal information and only employees (or relevant hearing aid audiologist) who need the information to perform a specific job (for example administration staff) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Your information may also be stored in our content management system (CMS) for internal record keeping.
- IP Address
- Browser Type
- Pages Visited
This information is then relayed to our website administrator who uses the information to analyse the number of visitors to different areas of our website to make sure that its serving as a useful and effective information and guidance source.
Cookies do not collect personal information such as your name or email address. Cookies can be rejected, however, under specific circumstances visitors may be denied access to some parts of our site if their browsers reject cookies. You can also block cookies by activating the settings on your browser that allows you to refuse the seeing of all or some cookies.
No personal information is collected and is not identifiable to the user. We use this information to create a better user experience and support and marketing campaigns.
We also use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a popular analytics tool which has the highest standards of privacy and security. You can read more about how google safeguards your information by visiting https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
You can also opt out of sharing your visitor data with Google Analytics by installing the following toolbar – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
You have the right to complain is you are unhappy with how we have used your data
How to complain
You can also complain to the Information Commissioners Office if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is Information Commissioner’s Office
ICO Helpline number: 0303 123 1113